Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming from a member of snowest

"I have pics but before I even made it home Polaris asked me not to post them. Please dont ask me for them I dont want to put anyones job in jeopardy. I'll post them Sat night if they dont show up by then.

I saw and sat on the new 08 Red 800 163" Dragon. (Said 800 on the hood on one of them, the others were taped up) (I have heard rumor of 860 with 160 hp, but that is not confirmed.) New track(probably series 6) looks the same as the Dragon track, new seat cut a little higher up from the bottom probably to save weight, new intake lower on the dash. The Red Dragon looked really good. Graphics were more tatoo looking than actually looking like a Dragon like the 700. Also saw a white 600cfi RMK. Taillight was moved to rear of tunnel. I think new spindles. But overall just an improved IQ chassis. I'm told the new 800 is bad to the bone! (what else are they gonna say) But I know how the 700 runs and the 800 with a 163 is going to be incredible.
Cool stuff. Will have my snowcheck money waiting"

http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=300482&enterthread=y

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Hopefully this motor works it's way over to a 121" deal. I would LOVE a switchback with that motor too but it won't fit in my trailer. I may be sticking with Polaris afterall, but more than likely not, I need to see this thing.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I wonder what Arctic Cat sleds are gonna look like.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]I wonder what Arctic Cat sleds are gonna look like.
The same as 2007, except for small tweaks and new graphics. Arctic Cat will have the fewest changes of any manufacturer for 2008.

Ski Doo will be launching a new chassis. 800 motor will be SDI. New drive train is possible as well. 600 DFI or E-TEC motor is a long shot.

Polaris will have an 800 as already stated and a big 4 stroke, most likely in the 1000cc range w/turbo.

Yamaha will either have a 120HP motor(new larger 2 cylinder EFI or Vector motor with EFI) in the FX(Phazer) chassis or an EFI Vector/Rage/Nytro with Apex design/styling. Yamaha may add about 5HP to their Genesis 120 motor with the EFI as well if they go that route instead of the new larger 2 cylinder 4 stroke EFI motor.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I was going to post what Freak said over there you beat me to it. ;) Sounds like it will be king of the mountain next year in the 800 class if it is as successful as the 700. Hopefully Doo doesnt offer the revII only to flat landers like in 2002.5. That chassis with a 800 di in a Summmit woud be pretty close to perfection.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I always said that I would never pay the money for a brand new sled when you can buy a use one a year later for half the price but I have snocheck on my mind right about now!!!

DW

·
Super Moderator
11,281 Posts
Sounding good so far,sounds like saterday freak will post the pics up he has of the 08s...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts