Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i no its really early and all but with no snow i spend a let of time here, anyways, do you guys think there will be any major changes from any of the big 4 fo 08? maybe a honda debut?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Prolly not... It seems like Polaris crossed over most of their sleds to the newer body style for the 07 year.. I think the fact that some of their sleds having the older style (classic, super sport, indy) was hurting their sales.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Heres what makes sense to me

Arctic Cat - Hopefully they put a turbo on the Jag.
Polaris - They for sure need a hi performance trail sled. Something in the 160hp range. If they can make a 800 work as good as their 700.
Ski Doo - They will have their MXZ in heir new chassis along with the 800r engine
Yamaha - More models in the Phazer body and more power from the Apex

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think they will change the look of the F-series and the Jaguar because not very many people like them. But, some people are buyin them.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am guessing the following...

If this generation 2 REV is as revolutionary as the first they will be the major market leader and Polaris again will be scrambling to regain control of the race market. I think that this will follow into the production sales for 08 as well. Lets face it though Polaris and Cat are falling behind in my opinion. I am a Polaris boy and always have been and will be until it is not possible but with years like these two manufactures have been having time will only tell what will happen.

As for Yamaha I think that the big deal for them will be a higher powered maybe turboed version of the Phazer and Phazer Mt. Light.

As for Cat not sure, do not want to make comments on a product that I know nothing about.

Polaris better get there stuff together and make some money though so we are able to keep riding such a great American made product. I want to see the Dragon motor available as major production release not just a limited release.

JM2
DW

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Dan, I'm willing to bet you find the REV2 is MUCH MORE like the IQ's from Polaris and the new Twin Spar chassis from Arctic Cat. It's not going to be anything "revolutionary" like the original REV was. They are going to relax the seating position some and make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have heard it is supposed to be like the IQ but they have also had 2 years to improve on the IQ. I find it cool that between these 2 teams on the race track they go back and forth every couple of years. It would be awesome for Cat to get in on the fun because racing is only fun when there is competition, and in my opinion the more the better. I just like it more when Polaris leads the competition!!!LOL

DW

·
Registered
795 Posts
Cat will do new stickers and maybe a few engine tweaks, but pretty much stay the same.

Doo puts out the new rev and maybe a couple new engines.

Polaris ???

Yamaha will build off the phazer with different options and maybe a bigger engine.

Like dan said before yamaha and doo are sitting good while cat and polaris are playing catch up. I'm a cat guy but i hate the look of the new sleds and it took till 07 for reverse finally.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I personnaly really want to see the IQ race chassis in the production line for Polaris. I think its a possibility but I am not gonna hold my breath.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I hope they put the 500 liberty in the IQ chassis....the edge is over.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Originally posted by Uberacer
[br]I personnaly really want to see the IQ race chassis in the production line for Polaris. I think its a possibility but I am not gonna hold my breath.
that would help them allot i love the iq chassis i think they should make them so everybody can by them...

or remake a pro x with a new chasis...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Cat isn't going to change much.
Polaris is going to give us a bigger motor. would also like to see them bump the hp on the 4 stroke.
Doo is going to have their new chassis.
Yammi is going to fuel inject the 120 motor and put it in the apex chassis and have a 900 phazer. I would like them put something out here for the 340 crowd.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree, Polaris should offer a cleanfire 500 in the IQ chassis and price it under $7000. They probably won't though.

I believe Polaris will come out with a new muscle sled in 08.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If we dont get some snow soon, I wouldnt expect much more than the decals on the hood to change.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by codyc123
[br]maybe a honda debut?
[xx(]Lets not get started with the Honda rumor. Ive heard that rumor every year for the past 10 years and it has never happened.
I think that you will see BNGs from Cat and Doo, Polaris will bring back some kinda of a bigbore twin.
As for Yamaha, most likely you will see the Genesis 120 engine in the FX chassis with EFI and you will see the Vector go to the DB 2 chassis and it will get EFI.
Also, there have been rumors of Yamaha coming out with a 900 twin. Basically, the same idea as what they did with the Genesis 80 FI, but instead of combining 2 250F dirtbike motors, they would combine 2 450F dirtbike motors. The only problem I see with the 900 twin rumor is that Yamaha always builds smooth motors and I dont see how they could counterbalance the engine enough to make it smooth enough that the people who buy Yamahas would be happy with it.
We'll know what Yamaha has planned for '08 in about 2 months. The new sleds always come out in mid February.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
New sleds coming out in February and nobody (around here) has ridden their 07 yet. Even today you can find pretty much anything you want as an 06 still in the crate and even a few 05's. I dont see how the big 4 can hang on in this buisiness if this weather keeps up. Maybe sled sales elsewhere is taking up the slack. I hope so. Even tho I am not in the market, I still like to see the new stuff come out. I can see drag racing taking off big if it hasnt allready.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I just hope cat changes the look of the new f-seires sleds! cause i love Cats the new chassis just hate the look!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.