Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding with my 2009 600 iq es this weekend when the lights would dim down then turn off after about 1000 feet the sled would die. It would start again and do the same about 8 times until it finally died for good it only turn over now and will not start. Does anyone have any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sounds like a stator. If you have a multi-meter you can check the stator for proper continuity(resistance in ohm's). You will need a service manual for your sled. The manual should tell you how to test the stator with out having to pull it out of the sled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You

Sounds like a stator. If you have a multi-meter you can check the stator for proper continuity(resistance in ohm's). You will need a service manual for your sled. The manual should tell you how to test the stator with out having to pull it out of the sled.
Thank You. Turns out that it seems that something had gotten wet. we got stuck in the rain for 3 hours when this started happening. I unloaded the sled last night and it started right up. I had to laugh a sled that cant get wet, yahoo. I need to check all of the electrical connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts