Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. i obviously new to this forum, but i have a question about which track to change to. i did a search on the forum and didn't really find the answer i needed.

i have a 09' 600 dragon which is 136 inch track. i don't do a lot of trail riding unless it mean to get to my favorite deep powder spot. so last season i had some troubles in the deeper stuff. i went to the local dealer to see what kind of track i can ideally use. i was thinking of a 1 3/4 camoplast backcountry, but they said it would kill my top end too much and i would have some cooling issues in low snow levels. they recommended either the camoplast 1.5 intense or the ripsaw 1.5
whats a good choice?

·
Registered
242 Posts
i have a 1.25 ripsaw..and i love it....despite the fact that i have short track, it does really well when i go off trail

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you had to go with either the 1.5 intense or rip saw go with the intense it will do better off trail the rip saws mostly meant for on trail riding. You could get away with the 1.75 if you put on some ice scratchers but it wouldn't last as long as the 1.5 tracks probably.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i wouldn't worry to much if you did get the 1 3/4 inch. One of my sleds has a 2 inch track and i run it on trails alot, just use ice scratchers and the temps are nice and low.

Also you can just gear it down a bit with the 1 3/4 track and as you said yourself you don't do alot of trail riding so top speed isnt too big a factor. You will still be able to go atleast 80 mph.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx guys.. i think i'll go with the intense for at least this season and see how it works. if not, it's a easy'ish change

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The Cobra Track is suppose to work really nice. I just picked one up for my 10 600 Shift. Have heard nothing but good about it.
Riley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts