Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a 2004 F7 but dont know what track to get with it. My friends ride the Rev-X with a 1.25-inch lug and 97 picks and they love that set-up. I have a ZR800 with 192 picks and a 1.0-inch lug and it works well but Im not sure wat works with a 13.5 x 128-inch track. Any suggestions?[?]

·
Registered
324 Posts
welcome to TUSF. What type of snow do you ride in. The 1.25 can be rough over hard pack. But it will make a big difference in powder

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ride groomed trails in NH and ME 90% of the time but occasionally venture off into the montain trails when the riding conditions permit. My main concern is the ride quality on a groomed trail and how well the sled will launch.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm getting the F6 ext 1.375 track, I too ride groomed trails but usually have enough snow to make it OK ( not rough) I hope. But I what to try more powder next year.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Might as well go with the 1.375 track. launch should be fine. Just try to stay away from the pavement.

·
Registered
749 Posts
i would think that a 128 one incher would be more than enough but if you ride off trail once in a while than go with the bigger track. do they make studs long enough to stud that big of a track.

·
Registered
127 Posts
After 3200+ miles this winter on my F7 I would recommend the 1" track over the 1.375" The F7 w/ 1" hooks up big time. With the larger lug track you will loose some top end and marginal fuel ecconomy. The snow dust off the 1.375" will make it a snow blower for anyone riding behind. Match the sled and options to match the majority of your riding conditions. Eg. Lake racers do not normally handle well in twisty trails

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I'm with Erick...1.375.
My buddy Jerry has that track on his F7, and he loves it in all conditions, trail, x-country, whatever.
I've riden behind him, and it does throw alot of snow, but if it is a probelm for the guy behind you, he's too close anyway.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Tim where have you been. Thats a stupid question ( i just said to my self ) 3500 miles , you've been ridin. No problems with the F7? Did you ride much powder with the 128 track and if so how did it work?

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow....all y'all western riders go for the larger track but you will fly like f*&^% w/the 1" on groomed trails hard stuff n'such n'w/longer/norower f-7 you will still get good floatation with/w-out picks...try w/out first

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Hey Fly'n...Jerry's sled came with the larger lug, so he would not notice the difference in top end or ride quality.
I can't see how a larger lug would affect the ride...handling on hardpack maybe, but it shouldn't be any rougher...sure hooks up like a banshee though.
Our trails almost never get icy, they are usually nicely packed, and for x-country riding you can't beat a larger lug.

Originally posted by Flying Dutchman
[br] My main concern is the ride quality on a groomed trail and how well the sled will launch.
You wanna sled that will launch?.?.the F7 with the 1.375 track is the one....holy crap is it.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Get the 1.375 track you won't regret it. If you get off trail in soft snow at all you will apreciate the added traction and a 1.375 will hook up awesome on groomed trails. I ride with a 2" track gonna convert to a 2.25" track and I don't notice a rough ride with the 2"

·
Registered
57 Posts
I say take the deeper track because whenever you leave the trail , you'll really notice the difference. dont be surprised if you lose some top end though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the responces. I ordered it with the 1.375 lug track. I hope I don't loose to much top end, specially since they dropped a tooth on there drive gear on the 2004's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts