Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://maine.craigslist.org/rvs/2023925938.html
Camoplast sled track 121x15x1.5 - $275

I knew that at some point i was going to find a deal like this. A couple months ago I would have bought this in a second, but now i kind of like the trail-performance and speed factor of my stock 1 in track. I do probably 50/50 on trail/ off trail riding. What do you guys think? Just how difficult is it to swap tracks over?

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Off trail it will make a big difference on trail you'll notice a loss of speed on the topend. It is also easier to damage paddles on those longer lug tracks, especially trail riding.

·
Registered
134 Posts
not exactly true....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. if you have a higher pitch you will not lose top end speed on the track so find out what the pitch of the track is.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent him an email because it didn't say which track he was selling, except that its from camoplast. If it is a different pitch, does that mean that i have to change drivers?

·
Registered
591 Posts
its probably a 2.52 pitch. If it is a different pitch you will have to press off your drivers which is a major pita. You can buy a 1.25 ripsaw from cb performance for 369 bucks, keep that in mind when shopping for a used track.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright then, thanks for the replies. I will probably just leave it stock for this season.

·
Registered
58 Posts
my 2005 XC 500 polaris is using a 1.5" 14" and its for a bombardier, didnt change the drive shaft and it works fine!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts