Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my plugs is brown like it should be but the other is black and fouls easily . I only have one carb on a two cylinder sled. 440 Scorpion,1980. What can i do to fix this. it has burned a hole in the piston twice so im reluctant to put a hotter plug in that side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
699 Posts
i had a old ski doo oly twin with single carb. i was told it was my seal in the side that was buring rich was going bad the reason for richer in that cylinder is because air get to escape where the seal is at then making like a vacume and sucking more air and gas mix to that side i never did any thing about it i just sold it when it still ran.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
exciter_man is 99% right. Chances are it's a bad gasket. The other 1% is a mystery!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top