Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last year for my sled. Sad? Maybe. True? Yes! This coming summer I will be done with school and I am either moving south where I wont ride or I will stay up north and buy something new and then turn this sled into some sort of monster over the next few years if I feel like it.

Just took her out of storage today! The mice were living in my airbox so I had to clean out all their stuff they left behind, then it was time for a little grass rip! (Flurries were in the air so it was OK!)

-Mike

**Enjoy the pics**

7k miles - 1 rebuild - no problems!

Airbox before

Airbox after

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Gross, I hate meeces to pieces. Damned mice get into everything. My boat has mice in it, dead ones, but still mice. Garage had them , once, they dies mysteriously too. Mothballs in sleds will keep out the mice and they make your sled smell like you granny's closet. Move down south. Uhhh, no.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br] Mothballs in sleds will keep out the mice and they make your sled smell like you granny's closet.
Once I found the bastard in my airbox I immediately threw a bunch of mothballs in there, and no more troubles.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Where are planning on going when you move down south?

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you stay north you should turn that into a water cross sled, just an idea. I plan on moving down south when I go to college, because I would like to pursue a golf career.

·
Registered
690 Posts
put fabric sheets in you airbox, trunk, etc, it keeps the mice out, ive never had problems with mice when i do that

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by polaris09
[br]put fabric sheets in you airbox, trunk, etc, it keeps the mice out, ive never had problems with mice when i do that
I did after I originally found the mice, just didnt clean the mess out at the time due to laziness during summer. I put mothballs in and then had no more troubles.

This was our first year in the new garage and we were unsure of the mice situation, I guess they like to be out of the elements just like our snowmobiles [:)]

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Have you Decided what you are going to get. Maybe you could turn the sled into a watercross sled there is someone on the forum who did this and made a topic about it too so maybe you could look into that or make it a dragster lol!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Mike, those thoughts have crossed my mind as well. North or South, Snow or Fish? I quess we need to ride together this year as it may be the last.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
People that move South almost always move back, just stick around. Or keep the sled down South as they get more snow than we do anyways.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by tynan19
[br]Mike, those thoughts have crossed my mind as well. North or South, Snow or Fish? I quess we need to ride together this year as it may be the last.
For sure Casey. And now that I am 21, we can enjoy some of the finest boozes legally. Of course not while we ride.

We can get in touch once the snow flies, or maybe earlier, let me know via PM but 1 thing is sure that we need to set something up!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't feel bad those mice chewed through my cdi wires and shorted it out last year. OUCH I don't know how much protein is in plastic wires.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by saberstang
[br]Don't feel bad those mice chewed through my cdi wires and shorted it out last year. OUCH I don't know how much protein is in plastic wires.
I was very fortunate that all they did was nest in there, they didnt eat any of the wires in the sled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts