Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another site; don't know if it's been posted here before or not.

10 ways to prepare for snowmobile season:

1. Go to your local sled shop, smile and give $200 to the first guy you see. This will get you used to doing this all season.
2.Remove the muffler from your lawnmower place the mower in a large metal can and start it up, put your head in the can and close the lid.
3.Fill a 50 gall. drum with sand and place it in a hole. Now lift it out. If you can, add water to the sand, do this 5 times per day. This will help prepare for deep snow stucks.
4. Tie a rope to a heavy duty spring pull the rope repeatedly with both hands until the pain in your shoulder meets somewhere in the middle of your back. Do this excercise while someone is spraying starting fluid in your nose and eyes.
5. Drink 4 ounces of cod liver oil mixed with a strong laxitive. Dress with long underwear, wool pants, snowmobile bibs insulated boots and a heavy coat. Now head out deep into the woods without any paper products and wait for a personal emergency.
6. Place your hands in a bucket of ice water for 20 minutes. Pull the carb off your lawnmower and place it in the deep freezer. Now climb into the freezer shut the lid and overhaul it while you hold a penlight in your mouth. Note advanced riders do this with a leatherman tool.
7. Dress up in your $350 snow bibs. Pour two stroke oil down one leg gasoline down the other, peppermint schnapps and beer down the front. Now ask your wife/girlfriend to dance. This will prepare her as well.
8. Put a balaclava and a full face helmut on. Attemp to drink hot chocolate through the opening. Advanced riders do this while riding a lawn tractor in nearest farmers field
9. Find a place where you can pay $3.50 a gallon for reg. gas $19.99 per quart of oil $16 for a hamberger and frozen fries $3.00 for a coke $60 to sleep in a cold cabin on a bed with springe sticking out. Stay 2 night minimum, this will prepare you for high cost of future trips.
10. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $40,000 truck to pull 4 -$10,000 toys in your $9000 trailer that you still owe $40,000 on.
Now you are 50 per cent ready for the season!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
These are great ideas! I think I'll go try number 6.

I want to ride every day, all day, as fast as I can.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Aaahahaha, yeah I've seen this some where before. It's hilarious!

1997 XLT SP 600
"Engage the Mechanism"

·
Registered
47 Posts
That was great. I have seen this in deifferent forms before. I wish I could remember some of them though.

"...Then one day you find 10 years have got behind you, no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun."

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Holy cow ! ive never seen that before. Its not that far from the truth. Are we all nuts!

Reasonable people adapt to the world around them....Unreasonable people try to change it.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts

I like #6 too.

<--- starts emptying freezer

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
892 Posts
First time I have seen the list, very funny
. I like number 7 as well.

/snofan/../images/users/baero/eyes2.gif

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:

I like #6 too.

<--- starts emptying freezer

Ride the Best!
[/quote]

You know what the freezer is?

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts