Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KCT, snowcap and I completed the 1000 km ride Friday Feb 26 doing 658 miles (1059 km) in 17 hours and 4 minutes.
Falconsledder joined us for the Manitoba portion of the ride.

snowcap & KCT getting ready to leave Falcon Lake at 6:00 am

GPS map of route we did...breakdown of miles...342 miles in Manitoba...199 miles in Ontario and 117 miles in Minnesota.

Trip Stats

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thats some serious mileage, or kilometage(is that a word?)

Its rides like that that make you appreciate riding buddies that
maintain their sleds! Did you guys keep track of fuel usage?
Curious as to how they compared.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thats a lot of riding. How much gas did you go through and it looks like two four strokes and 1 two stroke how did the two compare (two and four)?

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
HEY rws good to see you on this site. I am also on the hcs site and post in the manitoba forum under the same username. I have been trying to hook up and ride with you last year just could never manage the dates right. welcome and hopefully you try for another 1000km ride. Also nice write up from the press on that ride.

cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cat-sass said:
Thats some serious mileage, or kilometage(is that a word?)

Its rides like that that make you appreciate riding buddies that
maintain their sleds! Did you guys keep track of fuel usage?
Curious as to how they compared.
97xlt600 said:
Thats a lot of riding. How much gas did you go through and it looks like two four strokes and 1 two stroke how did the two compare (two and four)?
JONESIE said:
HEY rws good to see you on this site. I am also on the hcs site and post in the manitoba forum under the same username. I have been trying to hook up and ride with you last year just could never manage the dates right. welcome and hopefully you try for another 1000km ride. Also nice write up from the press on that ride.

cheers
We didn't keep close track of gas used but the Yamaha used less fuel at each gas stop than me (Z1 Turbo) and the 600 eTech Doo really had good fuel mileage. I'm planning a 1500 km one day ride for late February next season.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I would love to do 1000-1500km ride in one day. Just a matter of setting a date and meeting up at falcon or where ever. I get the passes for ont. and man. anyway might aswell use them more.

cheers

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
nice. we do 300 mile days sometimes, up on the north shore. i would love to do more man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts