Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local dealer this weekend and he was telling me about his new project. He bought a 2006 IQ racer chassis from Polaris and has a 1050 Polaris water craft engine that he wants to shoe horn in. Supposedly there is someone out there that did this only with the 1200 watercraft engine. the pipes have to be custom made. Since the bottom end is so strong in the watercraft engine, partly due to crankcase cooling, he expects to take the 1050 up to around 250-300hp! Anyone ever heard of this before? Ya think it is another guy just dreaming. If it works I'd put a 144 track on the machine too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
ya you can do this there was a guy on here that did do it with the 1200 like the guy said, lot of work though and pretty much everything has to be custom. i not sure what else u have to do but that guy put 800 cc dial a dome heads on his
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53396
there the link to that 1200.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I think some guy over on HCS did something like that, I know Union Bay racing sells the watercraft engines, and like Jay said ANYTHING can be done..

[attachment=48480]
[:D][:D][:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
214 Posts
guy next to me felzke farms they run the soo I 500 and win all the time they got a 04 800 xr with 1200 and 2 others (02 xc 700 sp black that appears to be all stock and one red one with accesseries with 1050's.. and a older wedge chassis with a turbo on it yeah turbo charger on a 2 stroke.... its a fine peice of engineering id say... they got more money than they no what to do with....

ontop of that they got more parts instock than a polaris dealer!!!

ok had to share peace

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Originally posted by John_Deere_Polaris_440
[br]guy next to me felzke farms they run the soo I 500 and win all the time they got a 04 800 xr with 1200 and 2 others (02 xc 700 sp black that appears to be all stock and one red one with accesseries with 1050's.. and a older wedge chassis with a turbo on it yeah turbo charger on a 2 stroke.... its a fine peice of engineering id say... they got more money than they no what to do with....

ontop of that they got more parts instock than a polaris dealer!!!

ok had to share peace

Yeah but those have signigagantly more room than the IQ does. I would say that geting the stock hood to work would be a chore. Seeing as the pipes would have to have some crazy angles with one coming out the left side... not to mention the fact that you have to modify the bulkhead in the front just to get an oil pump on a 700. Thats alot of cutting and welding of your structural integrity. Not saying it cant be done... but seeing is beliving. [8D]

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Here's my neightbors ice drag sled. It's a 1200 on nitrous. Yeah, it's an edge so it's got more room than an IQ, but still a sweet ass sled.

[attachment=30357][attachment=30363]
[attachment=33221]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Originally posted by bigrok
[br]Here's my neightbors ice drag sled. It's a 1200 on nitrous. Yeah, it's an edge so it's got more room than an IQ, but still a sweet ass sled.

[attachment=33221]

Have you ever rode it?? I bet that thing just rips

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
yeah his name is brad schmidt. he is out of montecelo Mn. he did a 1200 I Q and an 800 I Q triples. they look better than the polaris 900 twin.

he has old pics on snowest if you do a search. he can sell a motor plate and he also made light weight front end parts for the IQ.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by polarisxckid
[br]
Originally posted by bigrok
[br]Here's my neightbors ice drag sled. It's a 1200 on nitrous. Yeah, it's an edge so it's got more room than an IQ, but still a sweet ass sled.

[attachment=33221]

Have you ever rode it?? I bet that thing just rips
No he never lets me ride it. He said that it tops out at around 140 mph in the quarter mile. That's too fast for this guy. I know what it feels like to crash at 60. I couldn't imagine crashing at 140+.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by madcow
[br]yeah his name is brad schmidt. he is out of montecelo Mn. he did a 1200 I Q and an 800 I Q triples. they look better than the polaris 900 twin.

he has old pics on snowest if you do a search. he can sell a motor plate and he also made light weight front end parts for the IQ.
Isn't he out of Idaho??? I've got one of his cards somewhere. I bought one of his plates for my prox. Nice piece but expensive. Made installing it pretty easy though.

·
Registered
214 Posts
the 02 xc 700 they got has the same pipe set up as the one above and it is the stock hood the one stray pipe is actually visable through the clutch side hood loover and is practically blocked off.. so ya kinda get the idea somethings up under the hood... ill snap some pics next time im over there....

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
for 250-300 hp id put a 162 inch track it. youve got the power why not?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I haven't been on here in ages. I'm a PWC freak during the summer and there is talk over on my watercraft form greenhulk.net about a custom watercraft engine in the works that is a 1450cc 2 stroker with the exhaust valves. I know there are people out there using our 1050 and 1200 bottom ends to build sick sled motors. There is a web page somewhere explain it. You have to use some XCR 800 parts to build it. I still don't see a triple fitting in the IQ.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Ok, I found the pic on snowest. This is 1200psi's old sled. He's built another one now. Theres a few other pics of them floating around.

[attachment=48748]

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is just sick! Are you sure there is an engine under them beauties?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That is awesome. ^ Those pipes make me drool! & 140 in the quarter mile for the 1200 on nitrous is sick. [}:)]I want one!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.