Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get a 1994 Polaris storm 800 for 1,000 only 1600 miles with extra 12 in it.Where they any good? Its a very long drive to get the sled so I need to know thank? How fast how much hp?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
HP number were mid 130's for the 94 I am guessing, but for the life of me I cannot believe that someone would have spent the time,mind and labor putting a JUNKSTRA 12 in a old school muscle sled like that, top speed was average for that sled in its era but had stiff competition from the V Max 4 yamaha,Ski Doo Mach Z and of course the first generation 900 T Cat, it was usually seen wiping up the track and sucking the other sleds mentioned snow dust.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 93 750 storm and love it. Heavy as hell but fun to ride. From my understanding there isn't much difference between the 750 and 800, I think they are almost identical. As far as speed my sled rocks but its clutched, not sure if the motor has had work just got it last year. It will easily do 100+ mph. For 1000 if its in good shape id go for it.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
HP is 132 stock, iirc.

Top speed is around 115 stock, drop about 5 for the xtra-12, and drop a few more for wear & tear.

It's a tank, but it's a fast tank.. Run it on the lakes and have a blast.

·
Registered
564 Posts
sounds good to me, as mentioned the xtra 12 is so so, but older Polaris's like that are sleds that you can beat hard and put away wet and they still run strong. Go for it

·
Registered
454 Posts
PM sent to you on my 93 750 Storm thats up for sale.

·
Registered
632 Posts
why must ppl start 2 threads on the same thing. If you get no response the first time dont start an exact copy 45 minutes later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.