Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i absolutely cannot find a 116x15 track for my phazer and was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to a 121. I have a good 121 track and a skid but is it worth it or does someone on here have a 116 they would trade for my 121? thanks

·
Registered
848 Posts
Idk. I've been looking for an 87 tundra track for a while. Isnt too much you can do haha. I guess find a junked sled with a good track, or post wanted ads.

·
Registered
244 Posts
you can move the stock backing plates and the rear brackets 2.5" to make it a 121", many people used to do that awhile back.

1,792 Posts
bokeson said:
ok so i absolutely cannot find a 116x15 track for my phazer and was wondering how hard it would be to convert it to a 121. I have a good 121 track and a skid but is it worth it or does someone on here have a 116 they would trade for my 121? thanks
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/cmn/prodlist.jsp;jsessionid=15BL324WOHSP5QFIDYFCM4WAVAPAQIV0?store=Main&category=309&np=&mmyId=2577

Hurry, only 1 left in stock!

Or buy another Phaser just for it's parts. But you might wind up paying $300-$400 for it anyway.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Use the 121 track and move the suspension back. We did the exact same thing to a 1980ish Yami SS440.

·
Registered
841 Posts
First make sure the other track will work. Besides the length, check width, pitch, where the sliders run, etc. Most of the tracks are the same but it never hurts to check.
The suspension is probably held in the tunnel with 4 bolts. Usually there is an extra plate on the inside of the tunnel for strength. All you need to do is move the holes back 2.5" to make up for the extra track. In your case 121-116=5" divide by 2 = 2.5"
If you're lucky, the plate may be big enough, but if you need to move it, no big deal. Simply drill or grind off the rivets and move the plate to it's new location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts