Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 03 xcsp 600 was a 121 track ... picked up the slp kit and a nice track heres the finished product....

[
201063020321145_23868.jpg

2010630203124451_23868.jpg

201063020292560_23868.jpg

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
looks very nice,

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey,thanks for the compliments, I was on the fence for a while about the slp's, but everyone I talked to who had them never had a problem with them.
I also went to a 1.75 lug track, clearance is good, just hoping for no cooling problems while running trails. I was warned about it by a few people, anyone know if this would cause a cooling issue or not?..

·
Registered
841 Posts
Looks like it came out very good. You will have to seek higher authority about the cooling issues though because i have no clue if it will be a problem or not

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Looks great!

Would it help if the back end was lowered a little more and the front end was jacked up a little more? Like drill holes higher in the drop brackets on the back then using a longer shock setup in the front?

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
500Indy01 said:
Hey,thanks for the compliments, I was on the fence for a while about the slp's, but everyone I talked to who had them never had a problem with them.
I also went to a 1.75 lug track, clearance is good, just hoping for no cooling problems while running trails. I was warned about it by a few people, anyone know if this would cause a cooling issue or not?..
I ride with a guy once in a while who has a sled identical to yours except it's a 700. He has a 1.75"x121 and has never had problems. I've been on some long rides with the guy too.

sledcrusher said:
Looks great!

Would it help if the back end was lowered a little more and the front end was jacked up a little more? Like drill holes higher in the drop brackets on the back then using a longer shock setup in the front?
Would it help what?????? Who ever said he had a problem with how it sat. Why F with it before snow so he can actually give it a ride first...[Disappointed]

·
Registered
134 Posts
how difficult was it to do..when im going to get a new track i want to extren it...

·
Registered
622 Posts
500Indy01 said:
I have the same sled and have a 1.25lug track, I did have some cooling issue's what I did to fix it was get a custom sno-flap from B-Rad custom sno-flap. He makes them to length or you can buy his 17" long one. I helped me I no longer have the issues as when using the original 14" snow-flap. I can post an image of my snow-flap later currently I’m at work.

http://www.snowflap.com/

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If your coolers our mounted around the back bumper like our 02 edge rmk i doubt you will have any problems our 00 xc has the full tunnel coolers and we have a track exdtension kit with no cooling problems should extend the coolers but we havnt yet and as i said no problems so why mess with it, as for the sled looks good, my dad told me when you get a long track you don't get stuck less you just get stuck worse and its true but one thing i noticed is the back end is way lighter and makes it nothing to dig out just lift and set over almost always gets me out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts