Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to make up my mind on a new track. I'm either going to get a 1.25 121 ripsaw or i have been thinking about getting a 1.25 136. I can't really make up my mind. I do a lot of ditch banging, lake running, and trail riding. But I also really enjoy playing in drifts and could see the 136 being real nice for trips up north or to michigan. I think i'm willing to sacrifice top end for a longer track. My concern is trail and ditch banging performance loss. Has this setup worked well for others???

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey I just bought a pro-x w/ a 136" track and 1.25 ripsaw and its been great, it handles the jumps good, and some parts in the ditch wheres its 2-3 feet deep it did really good.

·
Registered
750 Posts
i just bought a tracks usa 121-136, with a polaris 1" track. looks cool. not yet used it.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
136" isn't that big of a stretch for it to affect it too much. Don't get me wrong, it will change the way you ride. You will lose a bit of top end, but you can get some of it back with gearing. Myself, I really didn't notice too much power loss. It definitely changes the way the sled handles the bumps and corners. It helps smooth out the bumps. It's great in deeper snow... floats much better. If you go 136", get 6" carbides... they will help in the corners.

I'm stretching my new sled this season... I want 136" again!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts