Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
I dont know what you need to do about swapping out ,Iwas wondering what kind of your track was in .IFyour interrested in selling your old track,IFyour track is in fairly good shape contact me. 606-865-7042 I would be interrested in some pictures, THANK YOU

· Registered
1,405 Posts
track extensions, big wheel kit and new track i dont beleive you need anything else to extend it out, i dont have my link for the website i have for the extenders, i can get that to you if you are intrested in it? it would be later tonight when i can send you the link.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
i believe the extensions were around $150

http://tracksusa.com/rail_extensions.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polaris-snowmobile-suspension-Track-Rail-Extensions_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f1739d04QQitemZ300403629316QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_1182

· Registered
4,547 Posts
Rail extensions, tunnel extension, new/used track, new/lengthened snowflap, and maybe a little clutching/gearing. I bought tracksusa rail extensions, a custom built tunnel extension, used track, and now made a snow flap out of a semi mudflap, I have less than $500 into it.

Snowmobile Vehicle Winter sport Racing Snow

Attachments

· Registered
4,547 Posts
My tunnel extension was built by a member here, he is no longer making them, but he uses them himself, and he said he drags down sleds out of the mountains, and hangs the sleds from them, so I would say they are strong! I have lifted the rear of my sled up by mine several times with a cherry picker.

· Registered
511 Posts
TylerC said:
i would say just buy a 144 edge skid and track, then sell your skid and track. Wouldn't cost as much as extensions.
Yep, I agree 100%. I sold my old 121 skid for about the same as I paid for a 144 RMK skid. Way cheaper than buying extensions. Plus, a 144 RMK skid performs WAY better than a 121 skid with extensions (huge difference in design). They put the torque arms farther apart on longer skids for a reason.

cowboy67 said:
How strong are the tunnel extension, are you able to lift them up by hand?
I bought a couple of SLP tunnel extensions. They were super easy to install (all the holes already drilled), and very strong/well made.

· Registered
1,405 Posts
i imagine you would, more mass to get moving and alot with more surface area,

· Registered
4,547 Posts
I would say run it and see what you get, I have run the stock gearing and the same clutching with mine the way it was with the 121 and with the 144, performs pretty much the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.