Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 XC 700 and want to put a big wheel kit and a 136 in track in.Any advice or step by steps would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Welcome to TUSF...do a search for that...lot's of help here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anybody have the big wheel kits, are they worth it? I have an m-10 121 in but I would like a 136 in, do I have to extend the tunnel?

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
First welcome to TUSF as 500fasenuf said, and sorry I can't help, but I know that Tri-City Polaris makes these kits so if you try contacting them, they might be able to help you out.

http://www.tricitypolaris.com/

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
There are a number of different ways to accomplish what you are talking about.
I put on 144 rails and a 151" track on my Tcat this summer. Moved the rear skid back and the new rails used a bigger rear wheel than my old ones. Something you might consider doing is adding short extensions and moving the skid back in conjunction with a big wheel kit. You will probably have to extend your tunnel and coolers. The coolers are the biggest problem I had but its all do able. I posted a fairly detailed thread on my project this summer. Here the link http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/snofan/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6910

·
Registered
777 Posts
Great Info 2000tcmc

But i think you just gave Max a massive coronary, LOL
Pretty scary to see your sled in that many pieces.

I might be wrong here, but that may be a little more involved the Max thought.and i suspect this is more for trail.

Max, i haven,t done it myself ,but to keep it simple,rail extension,and a tunnel ext,136 track.
If you go with the big wheels,i believe you are now getting into relocating suspension mounts on the tunnel,unless you find a rail ext that made for big wheels
the coolers will work fine as is

email << [email protected] >>he will make what you need ,or just ask him what to do.

Well thats my .002 cents

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
yeh kinda like whats been said you can either get rail extensions or you can buy brand new 136 rails..then you can buy the tunnel extension that I think just rivits to the back..Iv seen lots of edgeX set up like that..

G

·
121 to 136 is a pretty common thing. Try "Tracks USA"
I think it is www.tracksusa.com

Even your local dealer can get you the extensions for the rails and the tunnel.

D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Talk with Mountain Machines Performance about any extenison or relocation needs. They will hook you up with what you need. Plus they are the only ones that will warranty their billet wheels if you bend or break them! They have a huge fan base on snowest.com. Great customer service. Maria and Steve are great people to work with and back up their products.

Check out their products at www.mountainmachines.com

Hope this helps!

G

·
Here is what you are looking for. E-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3623488413&category=26354

D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Last time I was on Polaris' web site I was looking through the parts and they have complete kits to install a 136" track.It comes with longer rails, tunnel extension, and everything else minus the track.That would be friggin great on my Pro X 600.I'm not sure what other models they make it for though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts