Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that having the longer track is better in the powder and for take off's cause there's more of the track on the snow at one time ,,,,,,,,but what i don't like , is that i hear you loose LOT's of top end ,, like over 10 to 15mph ,,,,,,,is that true ,,cause i LOVE to rid in powder and my 97 t-cat is WAY to heavy for that kind of ridding ,, so i was thinking of getting another sled ,,,,,,,what do you think

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Acadian,
Gonna put a 151 on my T-Cat I have finally figured my sled out in the powder not about to change now. I am gonna wait until the mountain sleds come with the direct drive system before I buy another sled.
Besides there still isn't anything out there that sounds as sweet as the big triple turning 8500 rpm. (I know I have a jaded opinion but I love the sound of my T-Cat climbing hills, music to my ears.)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i know what you mean ,i've tried MANY sleds and like you said , there isn't anything like the sounds of my tcat 1000,,, sounds like a monster

·
Registered
749 Posts
my cousin has a 144 inch t-catn and he says it works greatn in the mountains. he's from saskatoon. he drives 7 hours away to ride wherever that is. probobly the rockies. He also has a 700 rmk, indy 500 sks and a 2000 mach z ski-doo. He says he likes the ski-doo the best. It has jaws pipes and a big-bore kit. I imajin the t-cat is better in stock form.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a Doo 800ho 151 track HighMark. I ride the Mountains, deep powder and steep hills, some trails. I have no problem and always plenty of power. I have rode from 4000 feet to 13000 feet elevation and do not loose andy power on my machine...Hope this helps you out...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Originally posted by acadian
[br]but what i don't like , is that i hear you loose LOT's of top end ,, like over 10 to 15mph
Yes and No. Depends how much you gear down to accomodate the new track, you can lose a little or alot. Just depends on what you do, you can try different gears in there to find a happy medium. Also if you don't think T-Cats make good mountain sleds, buy a copy of a movie calld Thunderstruck....It will change your mind!!

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Acadian,
Are you running stock short track gears? I think that would be something like a 23or 24 top and a 39 bottom. I am running a 15 wide chain with 21 top and 41 bottom. Yes you will loose the ability to hit a buck and a quarter on the lake. I have had my MC upto 115+ on my GPS on the lake. So still got some top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts