Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I've been thinking about a project for the XCR. Since there's no snow, holidays are over, I've been thinking. I'm not a huge fan of studs. I have approximately 144 on there now. To get the traction with studs I need (It's an Agressive chassis so it just wants to spin - not pull the skis up or push the thing along), I would need to almost double that amount. And that's a lot of drilling, upkeep, and most of all: rotating mass.

The track I have is in really good shape. I would imagine less than 200 miles. Anyways it's a stock .875ish X 121 poo track. I can't decide whether I should keep the stock Xtra10 121 and get a 1.5" track, or buy (or make) some extensions and push it to a 136 X 1.25. Only advantage I can see one way or the other is the 1.5 " is more prone to breakage. Especially since I don't do much if any powder/mountain riding. Just ditch bangin and trail riding. Some lake running also. I'm not worried about the extra length - I'm a big boy and I can still handle the agressive just fine. Would I need a tunnel extension? Forgive me this is a route I've never taken with a sled before so it's new to me.

Any info or input would be great.

Thanks,

Bryan

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I don't think you will have to much of an issue with breakage on the 1.5, let alone the 1.25 so personally I wouldn't let that worry you.

If you decided to go with the 136 I don't think you would have to put on a tunnel extension if you didn't want to. You would probably have to adjust your snow flap though if you didn't do the tunnel extension. If you left the snowflap stock it would likely get caught up in your track quite a bit thanks to the new length of the track.

Check www.tracksusa.com for extensions.

You can also do a search on this site, this topic has been pretty hot lately.

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Originally posted by ShoelessJoe
[br]If you decided to go with the 136 I don't think you would have to put on a tunnel extension if you didn't want to. You would probably have to adjust your snow flap though if you didn't do the tunnel extension.
I've seen a 136 done without a tunnel extension, but it looks extremely screwey. As I recall, it was on an edge chassis though.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went to the tracksusa.com site, but they don't seem to make an extension for the agressive. Anyone know of anywhere else I can get one? Or should I just fab one up out of some diamond plate?

Bryan

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Your's is an Xtra-10 suspension, I they do make extensions for it, doesn't matter if it is a Wedge or Aggressive Xtra-10 chassis it will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts