Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jan,13 2007 1000' $400.00 cash for the fastest run $10.00 entry per class all proceeds go to local snowmobile grooming and snowmobile education. Located in Negaunee MI You can email me or call 906-869-1062.We have 11'' of ice.
Thanks Dale

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
your dnr will let you run on 11 inches. thats no fair. heck some of us are so desperate we would almost do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is over 12'' where we are running the track and we will advice people to not go out on the lake unless they are racing.We also talked with the DNR and they said it was ok and are permit was good to go.Come on out and see what ya got.Maybe you will go home with $400.00 cash in your pocket.Thats IF YOR FAST ENOUGH!!!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
no where near it. my nieghbor does close to 160 in 1000'. depends on who is driving. he usually gets close to that. his brother is usually in the high 140's
you should give him a call he owns dale tool in rush city minn. he also knows of a couple other guys that get from 160-180 in 1000'. mowhawks salvage in minn. and chris hanson. he is also known as billetman on the 2kool.com forum. he has modzilla. the big 2 motor sled.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tell them to come on down the temp is supposed to be around 9 the day of the race so im sure there will be a few sleds in the 160 range i know a few guys from Milwaukee running 160-162 should be fun and fast.
Thanks Dale

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I dont know how to get ahold of chris hanson other than you could go to cseracing.com and call them. they might know. he did something like 180 in 1000' one time. and got 192 in the 1/4mile. if you can get him to show up it is like the elephant at the circus all the kids come to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to radarruns.com you will see what the record is in 1000' and 2000'or cmsaracing.com click on world records.
Thanks Dale

·
Registered
209 Posts
For the guys to show up Rick, Kurt, Chris, etc. it must be a shaved track with a lot of shutdown. There is a race brewing that weekend up near Duluth but with the rain today who knows. PLease give more information or send me a PM about the race and I will get it on my site cseracing.com.
Hey Madcow, Riley how come you guys didn't show at Ernie's speed run? Good time and nice track.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I never thought they would have had a run? didnt think there was good enough ice anywhere in the state.lol I want to try out the new "improved" setup out. I think my best bet is to do it at a cmsa event so i dont have to try and compete against an outlaw sled. In doing a lot of research and a lot of watching you pros I think at a sactioned race I might get close to a 3rd. but at an outlaw race like the old rush city runs I dont think I could even get on the board.

rileys sled is still sitting at bikemans performance waiting for the pipes to get finished. 3 weeks per pipe to get built? hope he gets it soon.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We didn't believe it either and called to make sure.
I think it'll be a year of finding out a day before if a race is a go. Your right about "outlaw" race, I ran 120.07 with my IS700 and got beat....
up.mi.man is track shaved or just plowed? Might get rough if the weather is as it's now. What type of classes? Radar or speed run?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just got back from the lake we plowed it to bare ice there is roughly 1000' of shut down i can be exact tomorrow we dont shave the ice we keep it plowed and then we will flood it with around 1'' of water before the race usually it is pretty dam smooth.It has been raining since around noon it is actually helping to smooth any ripples in the ice.Now we just have to keep it cleared off and hope it stayes cold enough to keep the ice we have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Run what ya brung we will however be checking sleds to make sure they are in deed stock no pipes silencers etc. We will do the best we can to make as fair and honest as we can on our part we are looking for volenteers to help us out we are trying to make this event bigger every year last year we had 104 sleds.
Thanks Dale

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Dale how far is that from centrl minnesota? We have no race that weekend because of poor ice conditions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WE shortend the track today to 800' to give us more shut down the ice is hardening real good the track is going to be real fast.We figured for the safety of everyone we needed at least 200' more feet of shutdown.Yes i know it maybe a bummer for some including myself i can tell this at 120+ there wasnt aolt of room for shutdown.Hope to meet some of you guys at the track if anyone would like to call me feel free.906-869-1062
Thanks Dale Freeman
EXTREMERACING/MQT

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im getting alot of calls asking if you can test your sleds the following day i cant tell you yes and i cant tell you no. I can tell you if you are there on Sunday i will be there too. LOL
Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Radar Runs

1 - 20 of 23 Posts