Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a rail and tunnel extension kit for my 02 pro-x 600. Does anyone have any suggestions of which one to do or why to stay with the 121? I have a couple of friends that have 136's and say they love them over the chatter bumps as well as hooking up better. Thought I would ask the experts. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well first off what kind of riding do you do? If it is trails the i'd go with the 136. If you are in the deep stuff get a 144.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will ride mostly on trails but some power lines also. Anyone know how tall I can go without having to notch out for the coolers?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I went with the 136X15X1.352 cobra track and it just fits without notching. 1.5 or larger you will have to notch the track or get smaller drivers.

136 would be plenty for trail/off trail riding.

2010926214036296_14226.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
136 will be fine till you get past 2 foot deep.

144 will push in the corners on hard pack, and you'll end up going off trail a couple times before you get used to it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I would go with the 136 then. Your not seeing the deep pow.

·
Registered
85 Posts
what does extending the rail and tunnel to 136 do to the ride quality? Does it take bumps better? Are jumps and stuff harder on the rail since its extended? Im talking only small jumps no X Games crap just ditch jumping stuff liek that....

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
A longer track will ride right across the wasboards that short tracks drop into.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
If you go 144 get tip up extensions, you will love it, it handles good still and turns good like a shorter track, but when you get into the deeper stuff you will like it! The last several inched of track really don't touch the ground till you get into deeper stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
dtmmil said:
If you go 144 get tip up extensions, you will love it, it handles good still and turns good like a shorter track, but when you get into the deeper stuff you will like it! The last several inched of track really don't touch the ground till you get into deeper stuff.
So is that good for the Rockies?

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Don't know, never been there, I do mostly trails for now, would like to go somewhere with some deep stuff one day though. But when I have gotten into some deep stuff, compared to my wifes 121 xc600, I will ride circles around her.

·
Registered
195 Posts
dtmmil said:
Don't know, never been there, I do mostly trails for now, would like to go somewhere with some deep stuff one day though. But when I have gotten into some deep stuff, compared to my wifes 121 xc600, I will ride circles around her.

yea i was just wondering if i can just have i like a edge x and make it longer or it is better to get like a vertical escape and is there a different and i have a trail and fast sled the xcsp 600 but now looking for a deep snow sled

·
Registered
244 Posts
i have a 144" tip up, and its hard to tell its that long when your riding on the trails, seems more like a short track or 136"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the tip up part something that not all extensions come with? What extensions did you use? I have heard really good things about the tracks U.S.A. kits. Thank you for all the help.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I don't think you can get 136" extensions with tip ups, I think its 144 and up maybe. I have the tracksusa and would recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dtmill

looks like you have a 144 right? I am still torn between the two. Also any info on how tall of a paddle I should get. I know if I get to tall of one I will heave to notch for the coolers. I really want to get an extension because of all of the positive things that are said from those that have them, but I have personally never rode a sled with a longer track just the standard 121.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Yes I have a 144 with the tip ups, and my track is about a 1.25". You will have to find out how tall you can go without notches, right now I am at my max, mine appear to touch the tunnel coolers at times way up in the front. If I were to buy a new track for mine I would go 1.5 with notches, or change out my tunnel coolers for an rmk style so I don't need notches.

·
Registered
244 Posts
i would say defiantly get 144" with 1.25" lugs, pretty much best of both worlds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dtmill

Is the tip up something specific you have to order? I think that I am going to go with the 144 but want to know more about the tip up part? Thanks for all the info.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts