Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I think its 54? seems like it was 52 but with a 2.52 pitch i come out with 54.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just got 2.25 carbide studs have 125 of them 43 double backer plates and 15 single backers i know i need more backers but any clue on a pattern i want to run just a few i have a 2in lug and want some traction i was thinking one double backer per a window three in a rom alternating side ever window? one db left side next window db right side next db left side next widow blank next window db right so on and so forth?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
900modman said:
i just got 2.25 carbide studs have 125 of them 43 double backer plates and 15 single backers i know i need more backers but any clue on a pattern i want to run just a few i have a 2in lug and want some traction
2.25" studs are real tall, be very careful as they will bend fairly easily. I would go with a 2-3 pattern. Double backers on one row. then a double and a single on the next then back to the double.
It would look like this:

-**-
-**-
-**-
-**-
(Stars represent studs, the lines are just for spacing.)
That would give you something like 156 studs with none on the outside so no tear-outs.

For the 125 studs you have, you would have to just go with 2 studs on each row or skip every other row and put 4 or put 1 then 3 then 1 then 3. I haven't ever heard of anyone doing that but i don't see why it would be a problem.
Someone else might have a better suggestion but that's my 2 cents.
EDIT: sorry for edting so many times, I was trying to make sure i had all the calculations right.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i ant to run like 86

-vv---
---vv-
-vv---
------
---vv-
-vv---
---vv-
------
-vv---
---vv-
-vv---

so on so forth? i realy want to keep it to as few as i can

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
900modman said:
i ant to run like 86

-vv---
---vv-
-vv---
------
---vv-
-vv---
---vv-
------
-vv---
---vv-
-vv---

so on so forth? i realy want to keep it to as few as i can
That would work.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
900modman said:
20101214128181_33783.jpg
how do these look? 1.75 from top of plate, i will be putting them in tonight pics to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks good[thumb]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts