Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cicero, NY -- A 24-year-old driver was killed after being thrown from his vehicle during a time trial this afternoon on the ESTA Safety Park Dragstrip in Cicero, according to Onondaga County Sheriff's deputies.

Chad Wilcox, of 9944 Lamb Road, West Edmeston, was thrown approximately 300 feet after his custom-made snowmobile, outfitted for asphalt, crashed into a guard rail going 160 mph, said Sgt. John D'Eredita.

Share Wilcox was speeding down the quarter-mile track during his third attempt at a time trial when he crashed in the rail. The machine continued another several hundred feet.

Wilcox was pronounced dead at the scene after the 3:23 p.m. crash. He is from a hamlet in Madison County near the border with Otsego County.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Damn that sucks! All I know is 110 mph is fast enough for me, that's scary fast 160.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
That Actually happened on Sunday, and the rider's name was Chad Wilcox... (in case any of you know him)

http://www.uticaod.com/topstories/x1876479870/West-Edmeston-man-killed-while-racing-along-Cicero-track

·
Registered
454 Posts
RIP to him and may God ease his familys suffering. Its sad to see anybody die, let alone in this sport. But as stated, at least he went out doing what he loved, instead at some crappy job.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
its sad to hear and was getting ready to get married and going to build a house and now he doesnt have that but he went down doing what he knew best

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
It's funny... (NOT!!!!!!!!!) If you google the race you'll find out nothing about it, except for the crash which was picked up by every news service in the area..

They all won't tell you who won, but they're all over about letting you know that someone died.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Brave guy, too bad it ended badly. RIP, prayers go out to his fiance and family.

Its never too early to be thinking about riding safety, even if it is summer. Ride safe out there this year.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
It's funny... (NOT!!!!!!!!!) If you google the race you'll find out nothing about it, except for the crash which was picked up by every news service in the area..

They all won't tell you who won, but they're all over about letting you know that someone died.
The song dirty laundry sums it up ,my best friend was killed in a boating accident a couple years ago he was a extremly light drinker but they had to plaster the fact they stopped at a bar before getting on the boat I am sure his wife and kids loved to see his name slandered.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
this happened about 5 minutes from my home and i talked to a few people that were there, the details are much more grusome than what is posted by the news. they belive it happened because either 1 his hand slipped off the throttle or 2 because he let off too fast. when he hit the wall he was ejected from the sled and flew into the woods where he was decapitated and he also lost his arms... it took them a few hours to find his head and he was obviously pronounced dead at the scene

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
R.I.P, like people have said, at least he went out doing what he loved!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
polaris91 said:
this happened about 5 minutes from my home and i talked to a few people that were there, the details are much more grusome than what is posted by the news. they belive it happened because either 1 his hand slipped off the throttle or 2 because he let off too fast. when he hit the wall he was ejected from the sled and flew into the woods where he was decapitated and he also lost his arms... it took them a few hours to find his head and he was obviously pronounced dead at the scene
That's horrible hope he did not suffer because that is a horrible way to go, R.I.P Chad Wilcox

·
Registered
584 Posts
R.I.P Chad, he went out doing what he loved but i can still guarante he didnt want to leave this earth quite yet....

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
And not to mention there is a MAJOR asphalt snowmobile race being held at that very same track this weekend, the promoter of the race made notice to all that were coming to race that all races for the weekend will be only ran out to 1/8 of a mile instead of the normal 1/4, the entire sled asphalt racing community is devastated by this accident, I am sure there will be a moment of silence and recognition for the fellow fallen/departed racer, Chad will be missed by all that knew him and his accident/passing has made all of us that did not know him feel for his family and friends, I know for sure if I were there for the race this weekend it sure would be hard to go down the track knowing what had happened just a week before......rest in peace my fellow tar racer, we will all keep doing it because we know you would want us to..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts