Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was watching mountain madness 4 [^] and they had an add for a 174 inch track [}:)]. is that true that they make a track that big? i think you'd need allot of [Nitrous] to be able to push that big of a track. anyone heard abotu people runnign that big of a track?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Yes they make a track that big but it's only a few more inches of suface area than the 166" so its shouldn't be too hard for an 800cc+ sled to move it .

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but thats just allot more track than a 121 you know what i mean?

·
Registered
764 Posts
any long track is more track then a 121... just need a geared sled for tons of bottom end, and at last an 800CC sled. should spin it easily

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
camoplast makes a 177 inch track check it out on the site i once saw a big mod sled and it somwhow was running a 199 inch track thats a bit overkill i saw it on the net somewhere in revy

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
[attachment=28158]

thats photoshopped, but its supposed to be 199, i think this is the sled you guys were talking about.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't think many people will be modding with that big of track. It has got to add 30-40 pounds. unless you have a boosted Apex or larger sled ( too expensive for us common folk) I just don't see it being a popular mod. JMO

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Thats a huge track!!!! Could probably climb Everest in like 10 sec. with one of those and a nice. mod motor!!!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i think im gonna stick with my little 121.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Id start crying if I got it burried.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Originally posted by TheJcode
[br]Id start crying if I got it burried.
You'd have to call in a back hoe [;)]

·
Registered
137 Posts
Originally posted by SnoFreekz440
[br][attachment=28158]

thats photoshopped, but its supposed to be 199, i think this is the sled you guys were talking about.
how much track do they need....i think thats getting to the point that it is overkill.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Originally posted by SnoFreekz440
[br][attachment=28158]

nope this is not the one i seen my buddy saw this sled with teh 199 track in revy at the BIS personally

·
Registered
523 Posts
Originally posted by SleD_CrEW
[br]probably a 700 minimun could move it. Safely an 800 is better or higher.
That's funny right there. A 700 mountain sled is not real comfortable with anything over about 151. The sleds those 174's are on are the 1000's and 1200's and high end mod sleds. The whole thing has gone to the point where the clutches are the weak link.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Originally posted by roughrider99
[br]camoplast makes a 177 inch track check it out on the site
Camoplast doesn't make a 177" track. 174" is the longest they make.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts