Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some lady wants to get ride of a 1970's i dont no the year sno jet for FREE, it sin pretty rough shape because i think its been outside for years, but its got a 292 in it, my buddy in my class wants a chassis and i want to swap engines so i think ill take the sled. Any opinions on sno jet's or anyone no anything about them

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Dad had one back in the day, pretty good sled. Had a Yamaha engine in it too, that's a plus.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure if its a yamaha it looks like its stock

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
ok bud here we go, it is prob a 70-72 star jet 292 yamaha or hirth, hirth had elec start, i have one, good sled, 19hp...its a cruiser, anything else you wanna no let me no

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh ok, are the 292cc engine any good

·
Registered
667 Posts
My dad had one in his late teens. His dad picked it up for him and he fixed it up. My mom was dating him at the time and she claimed it was very smoky. It belched a lot of fumes but it probably wasn't tuned correctly. Anyways, my dad had it for only a month before the track exploded. He couldn't get a new one so he got rid of it.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh ya but are they good motors? are they fast

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I dont know what you consider fast, 25mph sound good to ya? If you dont care about keeping it a vintage, I'd put a 440 on it, the sucker will fly literally, they only way around 275-300 pounds!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.