Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
201112173750406_12610.jpg
just baught this old machine. needs a coil to run and i havnt made it to the store to get it yet. i noticed that the slides in the carbs are set differntly for idle.i have never had to work on twin carbs on anything i have owned before. so im wondering if this is right? should these be set at the same hight or one higher then the other? the clutch side is higher then the pull cord side. for anyone that knows these sleds any other information that is helpfull would be nice.
because i no someone will ask the other sled in the picture is a 08 600rs trail converted. its my buddys and i dont no anything about it so dont ask.

·
Registered
328 Posts
you want both slides to open at same time when you push throttle. use the secres on top of carb were the cable goes thru to adjust that.....and finding a coil can be kind of sketchy, sometimes the are easy to find and sometimes its a nightmare. jump over to vintagesleds.com and post a wanted in the classifieds, i always do and find a lot of stuff there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man but our store called royal distributing has one in stock. coil was not hard to find for this one thank the man upstairs. i will set these carbs right also. i didnt think they should be different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts