Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[10pt]I just picked up a 1974 arctic cat lynx for free that was sitting at my buddys new house and its in great condition, there i nothing wrong with it except the electrical and the gas tank i have fixed and restored all cosmetic issues and sealed the tank and painted it, put new lines in cleaned the carb new spark plug took motor covers off and cleaned all components. its perfect, but it has no spark if it gets a spark it will start, but if you follow the wire that leads from the kill switch it leads to a male plug and ends no female and then near it is a green wire that looks cut or chewed thats all that i can see thats bad about the electic. so is that whats making it have no spark and what do i do i dont know electrical.[/font=Arial][/10pt][/color=black]

·
Registered
453 Posts
http://www.vintagesnow.com/Arctic-cat.html

I don't know if this will help or not, but you can download the wiring diagram for the 1974 models here.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Polarisindy29 said:
i figures ou what was wrong lots of the main harness was frayed and cut does anyone know where i could get a new wiring harness or a salvage sled?
I dont know the name of it, but there is a company that makes vintage Cat wiring harnesses by order, I think it is based in Minnesota, not sure where you may be able to google it and find some info. I have a 1974 Lynx I with a 292 single in it. It is all original except I put an aftermarket electric start kit on it from Dennis Kirk. I know the green wire you are talking about mine has it too. I have 1103 miles on it. If you need any more info or want to know what came on it standard let me know. I will try to put some pics on here if I can figure out how to do it. LOL

3fanforever said:
Polarisindy29 said:
i figures ou what was wrong lots of the main harness was frayed and cut does anyone know where i could get a new wiring harness or a salvage sled?
I dont know the name of it, but there is a company that makes vintage Cat wiring harnesses by order, I think it is based in Minnesota, not sure where you may be able to google it and find some info. I have a 1974 Lynx I with a 292 single in it. It is all original except I put an aftermarket electric start kit on it from Dennis Kirk. I know the green wire you are talking about mine has it too. I have 1103 miles on it. If you need any more info or want to know what came on it standard let me know. I will try to put some pics on here if I can figure out how to do it. LOL

Snowmobile Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Car

Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior Car

Snowmobile Vehicle Sled Bumper Automotive exterior

Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive lighting Auto part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts