Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a local farmers auction, and I saw this sled for sale. Put a bid for $30 and got it. Now I have to decide what to do with it. My options are part it out, or sell it later and a little fixed up at Haydays. It has everything, seat is in pretty good shape, hood is OK. Haven't touched anything else, but I believe the motor is locked up. 201062515428623_29105.jpg

Please give me your opinions on what to do. And tell me if your interested buying parts.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really. But for 30 bucks, its hard to go wrong.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Dragon700 said:
Not really. But for 30 bucks, its hard to go wrong.
I think you will at least make your money back.....[beatup], the vintage guys will gobble up the parts quick or if the right guy comes along you might score a couple hundy out of it the way it sits.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, the clutch's are rusty, but sandblasting is good.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
It looks in very good shape for the year! Too bad you didnt live closer, because i woulda been interested in it. I almost bought a polaris SS340 for 100 bucks at a swapmeet up in St. Germain. It wasnt seized though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Dragon700 said:
I was at a local farmers auction, and I saw this sled for sale. Put a bid for $30 and got it. Now I have to decide what to do with it. My options are part it out, or sell it later and a little fixed up at Haydays. It has everything, seat is in pretty good shape, hood is OK. Haven't touched anything else, but I believe the motor is locked up. 201062515428623_29105.jpg

Please give me your opinions on what to do. And tell me if your interested buying parts.
Based on the decals I would not think it is a 74, I had one and the hood was plain white.

In 75 the decals were solid black. In 76 was when they added the red and white trim to the decals.

I also had a 74 530 Custom 2 that looked identical to my 74 Electra 440 but the Custom 2 did not have a hood vent,

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
The sled is in good cond. I would go over to vintage sleds.com and put it in the classifieds

$30 was a good buy.

or you could restore it/ clean it up for a rider for vintage rides
if you cant free up motor, you should be able to find a different one pretty easy?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
$70 bucks in the bank, cannot complain about that. I bet you could have gotten more in Oct. from a vintage sled head.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Still for sale. However I think I might just keep it so I "have" to go to HayDays

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah you would def be able to get more than 100 later but yeahh haha keep it and it will give u an excuse to go to haydays

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NY98xltsp said:
yeah you would def be able to get more than 100 later but yeahh haha keep it and it will give u an excuse to go to haydays
Oh shucks, I guess that that sled didnt sell over the summer, guess I HAVE to take the 4 place enclosed and spend the weekend.

·
Registered
134 Posts
put a 12 hp briggs in it and drive it round' the yard...id buy it from ya if you would do that

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a 12.5 hourse Briggs sitting in my shed. Too bad it's bolted to my racing lawn mower.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I used to have an Electra, but it was a 340 fanner not the 440. Great sled I put ~1500 miles on it before selling it to a vintage guy for $400.00(sled was in perfect condition when sold). I'd say if it's not to bad overall fix it up then sale it off.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts