Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a white 1974 super stinger with a jlo 440 that fires off on fuel, and has a like new 15.5 inch track. There is very little chassis rot - only spots found beneath the seat foam area about the size of a quarter. This sled would need some tlc to the fuel system. It is missing a windshield, and a new seat will need to be made for it. There are other minor imperfections that are typical with a sled this age. OVERALL DECENT CONDITION. Pictures are available. I live in CT and the price is $200. Stop over, take a look, if you make an offer, I will probably send you home with it. [:D]

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is out there to trade for this machine? If no one is interested in an outright purchase, I like the barter thing better most times anyway.

It pulls fuel thru the carb fine, but I did not do anything other than clean out the diapraghm plates and hi lo jets, did not dig out welch plugs or play with the carb, just a basis cleaning.

It will run as long as you want it too, just does not rev up quickly - not at all responsive. The motor slowly reaches top end. The plugs show no signs of leaky seals. It does get fire to both cylinders and compression is 125 plus each side

The little time I spent with it was done back in august as took it to the fall swaps. It has been tarped since SEPTEMBER.

I feel it needs a mikuni and the points cleaned or strip it out as lots of good parts. HAPPY NEW YEAR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts