Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put an ad on craigslist saying "I WANT YOUR FREE BEATER SLED", and i said stuff like it can be sitting for 20 years, if you are willing to arts with it yada yada yada bla bla bla. so some guy sent me an email saying, these are the exact words

i have a old 76- 440...good engine !!
polaries or articat not sure...........yours for FREE......email for a pic.......
ran when i parked it--than the kids played on it and broke the fuel line off of the tank..
looks like shit--painted white....its been under a big spruce tree for last 10-15..years..
hiker..............fieldlines.com

so I mainley think it is an arctic cat than a polaris because the 76 polaris 440's are VERY rare. so I think it is probily a el tigre , Z , or a panther, i dont really care what the hell it is but hey its free. my grandpa said he would pick it up for me, and the guy said he would send me pics. ill keep you guy up on updated along with pics.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kingofkings said:
All I got to say is be carefull doing stuff like.
ya I know to be careful with this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Is the engine free air or liquid cooled?

·
Registered
863 Posts
sledhead443 said:
kingofkings said:
what do you mean?
what should he be careful with?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mxz440kid said:
sledhead443 said:
kingofkings said:
what do you mean?
what should he be careful with?
i dont really know. probily about strangers i gess

ClassicCat76 said:
Is the engine free air or liquid cooled?
i do not know. havent got the sled at my house

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hmmm, Maybe about the fact it could be a stolen sled, or something along those lines. We buy and sell a TON of stuff on craigslist, around 14 sleds this year so far, and weve never had to deal with anyone bad. You learn as you deal more, and you can easily tell when someones trying to scam you. I would have this guy send you some pics, but I wouldnt be worried about anything. It kinda sounds like a pos anyway, but Ive had a couple pieces of junk this year. I got an 87 AC El Tigre 530 for 40 bucks, sold it for 50, lol.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PolarisIndySKS said:
Hmmm, Maybe about the fact it could be a stolen sled, or something along those lines. We buy and sell a TON of stuff on craigslist, around 14 sleds this year so far, and weve never had to deal with anyone bad. You learn as you deal more, and you can easily tell when someones trying to scam you. I would have this guy send you some pics, but I wouldnt be worried about anything. It kinda sounds like a pos anyway, but Ive had a couple pieces of junk this year. I got an 87 AC El Tigre 530 for 40 bucks, sold it for 50, lol.
ya I know that it is a beater but im proboly just going to water skip it or mess around with it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts