Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought a 1976 skidoo olympique for 10$ it needs some carb work though...so I was wondering if any body has any idea where i can find some diagrams/adjustment settings for it? it has a tillotston carb on it but other thatn that i dont know too much about it. so if anyone know where i can find this stuff let me know thanx.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don, my most sincere advice to you is GET RID OF THAT TILLOTSON. That was the most problematic carb I've ever run across, I believe in my heart that Satan designed it... lol

Seriously, if that were my sled, I would yank that carb off & put a good old Mikuni on there. You'll save yourself a great deal of frustration.

·
Registered
82 Posts
http://www.tillotson-fuelsystems.com/manuals.html

Hello Don

While you are looking for a Mikuni, you can check out this link for info on your carb.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Originally posted by NightTrain
[br]Don, my most sincere advice to you is GET RID OF THAT TILLOTSON.
Seriously, if that were my sled, I would yank that carb off & put a good old Mikuni on there. You'll save yourself a great deal of frustration.
I'm with NightTrain...I had an Oly that my Dad handed down to me just as a fun 2nd sled, I spent many hours fiddling with that carb...get a Mikuni Roundslide on there ASAP.

BTW- Those Oly's are great fun sleds, just don't ride bumpy trails without at least 12 inches of foam under your butt...lol

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
wanna sell it for $15?

my neibor picked a 72 up for $25 i think, we had the carb rebuilt for $30 and it runs (ran) great untill teh exahust bolts came out, now we gotta retap 'em

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thanx ill look for a mikuni if anyone knows where i can get one of them can you let me know? and its not for sale at the moment (lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts