Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this isnt the vintage forum but i figure there are more of you polaris gurus that look here than over on the vintage stuff...i aquired a 76 tx340 from a buddy today for free on the condition that i race it (vintage ice ovals) anyways i was wondering if some of you guys could give me some good mods for this engine...i'm not sure if anyone makes twin pipes for the normal tx's or not? i know they came on the tx starfires...but what about port work, how much power could a person expect to see if a knowledgeable person did the work? also is it possible to mill the heads down a little to bump the compression up? and if so how much?...any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
179 Posts
Geez, I wish I could help you but all my Tx expierience is based on stock sleds. Have you ever driven a good running Tx? They perform very well....Alot of topend and very light.
But I wouldn't mind trying a set of pipes too...[}:)]

·
Registered
539 Posts
i don't know how much different the Starfire TX porting is compared to the TX porting.
the 76 starfire was not all that different form the regular TX was. different handlebars (hooked), pipe for sure. not sure on the motor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts