Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1979 artic cat pantara thats been converted to l/c,with endo pipes i was wondering i was told to not use regular gas .to use a higher oct like 93%..and mix 50:1 ..what do u guys think.

but one fast sled!!!

Vehicle Engine Auto part

· Registered
196 Posts
knox189 said:
i have a 1979 artic cat pantara thats been converted to l/c,with endo pipes i was wondering i was told to not use regular gas .to use a higher oct like 93%..and mix 50:1 ..what do u guys think.

but one fast sled!!!
The higher the octane, the better it will perform. You can run 89 octane in it, it won't hurt it. 50:1 oil to fuel mixture is correct. I bagged the suspension in a new 79 Pantera in one afternoon... lol. Yeah they were fast

· Registered
1,830 Posts
That's badass!

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
y cant i figer it out...i have been lookin all over the net.i cant find a 500cc l/c moter.its like articcat never made one around 77 to 81 i have been looking i cant figher out wer my motor came from...plz help

· Registered
196 Posts
knox189 said:
yea its is...but way too loud..endo pipes..and do u guys know wich screw on the carbs is the idel ...cuz its reving up way to much.
The idle screw is the one you can adjust without a screw driver. Located on the side of the carbuerator. It's a big screw with a spring visible. Don't adjust the idle cold, warm it up first, drive it for awhile the adjust the idle. 2000 rpms is good warm. This thing starts good. Idle is the small stuff. Nothing idles WOT...lol

· Registered
1,830 Posts
knox189 said:
y cant i figer it out...i have been lookin all over the net.i cant find a 500cc l/c moter.its like articcat never made one around 77 to 81 i have been looking i cant figher out wer my motor came from...plz help
1978 they came out with the El Tigre 6000 a 440 L/C. I believe in 1980 they enlarged it to 500?

· Registered
1,830 Posts
OCR, doesn't the engine look like a 6000 series?

· Registered
453 Posts
That definitely looks like a '77 Pantera (http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/PP1674.html). Also, Cat made a 500cc liquid in 1984 and 1985.

· Registered
453 Posts
Yeah, it is a '77 then. The tag means it was built in 1976 for the 1977 model year, so its a 1977 model.

Just after I posted my first post I went on Craigslist and saw it for sale.[:)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.