Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I picked up a 1980 Arctic Cat Trail Cat 340 & a 1983 Polaris Indy Trail 440. The guy I bought em from said he upgraded the Arctic Cat rack & track to a 99 ZR700. How hard is that and is there a big advantage in the ride by doing that? I'm new to the "sled" world and trying to learn what I can. Not that it matters cuz we ain't seen a lick of snow here in Eastern Pa. We better get some soon....I can't stand seeing these two sleds sitting doing nothing.[attachment=56656][attachment=56657]

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
it looks to me like the rear suspension is from a mid-late 90s arctic cat. it's not stock that's for sure. as far as the ride, it depends on how good of a job he did installing it. got any more pics?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here....I snapped a few pictures. [attachment=56680][attachment=56681][attachment=56682] As you can see...nothing but green green grass...and it's mid-january. The day after I bought these snowmobiles it hit 60 degrees and pretty much hasn't dropped since. GO FIGURE. HA!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Perkasie, huh? Awesome. I live outside of Danielsville, close to Blue Mt Ski Area. I go to school in Bloomsburg.

If it's mounted correctly it should work great. Not sure how it'll affect the handling since the front is probably still stock.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Look's like a post 96 skid he put in there, if he did it right it should ride pretty nice.
Rick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out soon...when we get some snow here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts