Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a 340 tx and it does not run very well and after you warm it up it does not like to start. the psi was 112 cold and 97 warm. do i need piston and rings or just rings or are the crank shaft seals bad . thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
not sure but you could get away with rings, and maybe its ok i think you want around 120#'s warm, unless you have high comp heads or pistons

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The lower reading may indicate a gouged cylinder wall too.
It is definitely in need of an overhaul.

·
Registered
328 Posts
you want 120 and both cyl's need to be within at most 4 psi with eachother. there nicasil so if you got a bad cyl its gona be pricy. Id say hone it out real good and shove 2 new parts unlimited pistons and rings in her and mine as well split the cases and toss new seals in it since youll have the top end off it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
polaris650freak said:
you want 120 and both cyl's need to be within at most 4 psi with eachother. there nicasil so if you got a bad cyl its gona be pricy. Id say hone it out real good and shove 2 new parts unlimited pistons and rings in her and mine as well split the cases and toss new seals in it since youll have the top end off it.
im pretty shure the free air are just crome bore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts