Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a citation that will idle fine but as soon as it warms up there is no response and bogs down! Carb is cleaned and new fuel lines and filters so that is all good! Anything else??? What could it be?

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
What do the plugs look like after it starts bogging out? Check that you have spark while its bogging(get an inline spark tester). Do a warm engine compression check.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would do a basic service on the sled, and see if that helps
Also as BskidooC said "compression check" it does sound good with it being easy to start, but it checks something off the list.
As far as tune up goes:
-New plugs and caps (cut the wire back 1/2 inch before installing the new cap)
-Ensure you have spark on both sides
-Fresh fuel
-Check over the fuel and pump lines for cracks or breaks
-pull apart the carb and clean http://www.ripperd.com/ftp/admins/carb_rebuild/
-be sure you don't have a mouse nest in the air box or exhaust

If it still does it after all that, pull the belt off and see if it still quits (be carefull not to smash the throttle as you can cause clutch damage, or to yourself)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TeamNFG said:
I would do a basic service on the sled, and see if that helps
Also as BskidooC said "compression check" it does sound good with it being easy to start, but it checks something off the list.
As far as tune up goes:
-New plugs and caps (cut the wire back 1/2 inch before installing the new cap)
-Ensure you have spark on both sides
-Fresh fuel
-Check over the fuel and pump lines for cracks or breaks
-pull apart the carb and clean http://www.ripperd.com/ftp/admins/carb_rebuild/
-be sure you don't have a mouse nest in the air box or exhaust

If it still does it after all that, pull the belt off and see if it still quits (be carefull not to smash the throttle as you can cause clutch damage, or to yourself)
Thats great! Thanks for the info! Will check all of the above! Also would bad crank seals or intake gaskets etc have anything to do with it at all??

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
an easy way to check is with the sled running, spray eather at the seals and the gasket, if it is leaking the sled should quit, but you need to be sure it is not getting into the air box

but it doesn't sound like your issue

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Im leaning towards spark issues. A broken wire on the mageto could do it....as it warms up and expands the wire will lose connection. Other things could do it as well..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Citations were famous for the back side of the CDI box, cracking the plastic, causing all kids of Mystery spark problems. I would check the CDI box for these cracks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts