Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed .875 gold digger studs at the recommemdation of a local sled tech and the studs hit the tunnel has anyone ever installed studs on this machine with success if so could you help me out I cant find any tunnel protectors for this sled and really enjoy this little sled just need a little more traction

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
They would be for the coolers on the blizzard, not the tunnel, they are called tunnel protectors, but are made for liquid cooled sleds.
Also the protectors are for hits here and there, not for constant rubbing
Depending were the picks are hitting, you will need to drop your suspension, and / or change your drivers to one tooth smaller to get the clearance needed in your tunnel

I'm thinking you should recommend your dealer sticks their recommemdation up their A$$

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree thanks for the info maybe just a new track and be happy with that. Seems like to much fab work to drop every thing and run studs.I found a new track camoplast 530 for 290.00 seems easy enough to change.Does the drive unit come out fairly easy I've had the slide out twice for new springs and shock,comfortable doing that but never took the drive unit apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts