Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just cleaned the carbs briefly and the sled fired up, it has a bog at 1/4 throttle and it with die if you keep going, mess with the choke and it will rev up for a bit. i swapped out plugs but only had used ones (i dont think thats the problem)

did i miss something in my carbs? are they not tunned right or something else to look for?

thanks

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
check the gas if its been sitting for a while, that fixes a lot of problems. If you have cleaned the carbs recently everything should be good. Also check your compression, it might not be up to par 120-125 is healthy even down to 110to 115 is good too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
it sounds like theres a choke issue. If you mess with the choke and then it revs up then one or more may be sticking. Did you make sure the choke bores were clean and no scale or residue was in them?

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Sounds like the jets were not cleaned...

If the bog goes away when you turn the choke on, it is starving for fuel.

Re-clean the carbs, and do it properly, then adjust them, and your bog should go away.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
sounds like you did a poor job cleaning the carbs to me. Try again and dont miss anything this time. soak them if you must dont rush...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gas is fresh, one plug was a nice tan and the others are wet, compression is 125 across the board
What are the specs for the carbs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts