Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Polaris SS 440 at an auction earlier this year. I had every intention of parting it out, but I got it running. I bought a new windshield for it, because the old was no longer there. I am having some trouble in the mounting procedure. The windshield has mounting tabs on the bottom which fit through the hood. I put them through, but it seems fairly wobbly and I would be half afraid to ride it in fear of it flying off. Is there something that I am missing that possibly mounts on the inside of the hood that keeps the windshield steady? If anybody can give me more feedback on this I would greatly appreciate it. Even a photo of what the mounting hardware looks like would be a great help. Thanks
-Chris

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have a ss440 also and there is rubber O rings that go around the tab to hold it on. Just make shure that the O rings are thick enough for the job.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/search.jsp?x=0&y=0&searchString=windshield+o-rings&store=Main&resultType=subCategories

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks that will save some money and time. Nothing like a quick and easy fix. Happy snowmobiling!

BIGTRUCKBALLIN420 said:
Use zip ties (small ones)and clip around windshield tabs,works great,i have an old 1985 ss440 and mounted the windshield that way,instead of rubber rings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts