Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is a 1986 Scorpion Sidewinder considered vintage? my friend has one its a 440 and is in good running condition, possibly needs new spark plugs / carb change and needs some new shocks which are going to be put in soon. Leaks anti freeze though :(

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
^^^^^ He's right. But I've never heard of a Scorpion Sidewinder, let alone a L/C sled by them. Take some pics, I'm interested.

IMO 82 and older is 'vintage'. By 82 we basically had the big 4, all 4 had IFS sleds, etc. What's the difference between a Poo 85 wedge and a 95 poo wedge? Not too much...

Bryan

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh ok i suppose it is an 81(ish) then, but it is liquid cooled and it looks alot like that one in the pic you put up.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]^^^^^ He's right. But I've never heard of a Scorpion Sidewinder, let alone a L/C sled by them. Take some pics, I'm interested.

IMO 82 and older is 'vintage'. By 82 we basically had the big 4, all 4 had IFS sleds, etc. What's the difference between a Poo 85 wedge and a 95 poo wedge? Not too much...

Bryan
Actually Bryan, lol, i think to be correct, in '82 there were 3 sled manufacturers left out of the big four, cat went bankrupt in 82, and didnt come back till '84, and not to many sleds had IFS, the trail cat and the indy are the only 2 that come to my mind, im not a ski-doo or yamaha guy[:p]

·
Registered
291 Posts
saw one of these today running the vintage oval ice races...did pretty well to...friends (hurt) 77' sting 440 came in right behind him

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Originally posted by ramblnman
[br]BASICALLY IT IS A EL-TIGRE 6000 WITH SCORPION GRAPHICS.
Yep, its just an El-Tigre with a different paint job, graphix, and seat...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts