Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
http://www.stevehouse.com/skidoo/skidoo.html

Small pics of an '87 Stratos. They were built as an luxury/sporty Safari with a front and rear suspension pretty similar to the Blizzard 5500 MX. IMO they're NOT pretty at all [:)]
There were also a touring called Escapade, with 2up seat, electric start and reverse. I believe the paint was "silver" with red stripes.
The engine was the Rotax 503. Fan cooled, two Mikuni carbs and made about 55hp.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Link worked for me.

I would agree on the looks. They've gotta be right up there in the voting for ugliest sled of all time.

I don't remember them being all that fast. I don't think they could keep up with a Phazer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Originally posted by rob0781
[br]I'd like to see a pic too i called about a 90 thats for sale and curious what they look like the guy told me it's a really fast sled is this true?
They did not make the Stratos in 1990. They stopped making it in 1988. They changed the name to Voyager for the 89 year.. Doo also made a 2 up version of the Stratos/Voyager called the Escapade. They discontinued them both in 1989. In 1990 Doo went to the "new" Safari line with the Transverse A front suspension. Here is a pic of 2 I owned a while back.. One is a 87 and the other is an 88. I loved them.. quick enough for trail riding and they had awesome (for the time) suspension.

[attachment=22553]
1987 Version..

[attachment=22554]
1988 version

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
These were a nice family sled.My buddies parents had two and yes they were fast up to 65-70 for a 503.Go seem to go forever and are very reliable.I remember with myself and my friend on we would lift the skis alot down straight aways.I was never a big fan of the handlebars though.What in all that is holly was ski-doo thinking making bars like this back then? I prefer the straight bars like my polaris.These sleds are fairly cheap.A tad heavy so beware and start working out at your local gym!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts