Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my uncle wants me to buy his two snowmobiles and trailer for $500. they are Yamaha Inviters 300cc, 1988. one has 225 miles the other has 350. need some TLC. anyone know anything about them? how much can i really get for them? im in NY. any info about sites or the bikes themselves would be appreciated. Im clueless

thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well. I dont know about the exciter. But, I have a 1989 Yamaha Enticer 400 and it goes on and on. Normal maintanance and it runs forever. If the Exciter is like the Enticer. Go for it. Now depending on how much compression they have. If they have around 120-140 compression then pay around 400-600. If its lower than 120 then it is getting old and used and will need some real good tuning up in the future depending how you would drive it. Hope that helps.. Check the previouse posts for links for different sites. I have left a bunch of links as well as other people

Cheers,'
Giger

·
Registered
266 Posts
He says there Inviters not Exciters! Inviters are those goofy lookin sleds that have pull back handle bars like a Harley. Their a small sled at 300 cc.I think the idea for them was to invite new people to riding. You saw mostly women riding them and they only made them a few years. They are'nt a mainstream sled, but at $500 its a good deal because if its a decent trailer its worth $300 to $500 alone. Parts availability should not be a problem from Yamaha, and the Yami 300 twins run forever. The biggest thing I would check out are the tracks, are they rotten?Tracks are around $300 each , so they would ruin the good deal. Good luck !!!

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just FYI the Inviter was a 300cc liquid cooled single cylinder. If you are looking for a fast sled these are not it. But they were great for kids. If they are in decent condition you should be able to get at least $500 a piece for them if they run good.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Giger, I felt Excited when you Invited me to spew my knowledge of the little sled with the ape hangers LOL

Spaceman
Mean Green Racing
Elyria, Ohio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts