Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the scoop. it was running ok the other day. let it sit for two days. couldnt get it started. noticed there was alot of oil under the sled. look for leak found the leak cracked oil line. when replacing i accidently broke the oil filter. so i put in a new line and filter. today got it to start idles good but it smokes alot alot alot of white smoke. and when you give it gas it bogs. last i pulled the spark plugs the first two look good the last looks brand new except theres a little brown on it. i checked for spark. all three have spark. all plugs were a little wet when i pulled them after running for 20 mins. also this thing eats threw gas while idleing. quater tank just letting it idle. please help. pulling the choke only kills it.

also when i was trying to start it. it was back firing. i believe threw the exhaust.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how do i check to see if the chokes are sticking. it was leaking oil bad and it ran for like 30 minz could that have messed my cylinder up? and thank you for your reply. i just rebuilt the top end of the motor. do i have to take apart the carbs?

·
Registered
355 Posts
You unscrew where the choke cables go into each if the carbs and see if the plungers are gunked up. Where was it leaking oil from?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oook so today i went out and checked it out. it turns out that when was messing witht he spark plugs a couple days ago i put the plug boots on the wrong ones. reversed them and it started and ran great. it was a little slow getting up to 30 but once at 30 she rips hard. got snow today so going to check it out. also the track still spins while idleing and there is no slack in the belt. you cant even pull it up or down.

peven1333 said:
oook so today i went out and checked it out. it turns out that when was messing witht he spark plugs a couple days ago i put the plug boots on the wrong ones. reversed them and it started and ran great. it was a little slow getting up to 30 but once at 30 she rips hard. got snow today so going to check it out. also the track still spins while idleing and there is no slack in the belt. you cant even pull it up or down.
also it was leaking out from the oil line going to the oil pump. now it isnt leaking and it isnt smoking a whole ton like yesterday.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I would say you have the wrong belt if it is that tight. I would check that first

I would say you have the wrong belt if it is that tight. I would check that first

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oook, but before i rebuilt the engine i found a motor mount that had loosed its way off and i just put it back on. how do i check the alignment?

also, how do i know if the primary clutch is disengaging?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts