Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1988 indy 650 triple. idles good. clutch is seeming to engage at idle. you barley hit the gas the sled jumps foward. when sled is off there is 1/4 in. between belt and clutch. engine mount came loose retightend it down. could this be the cause of my problem.

slow up to 30 then it opens up. please help the snow is here and i need to fix this. thanks!!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well your sled should be at 1800 rpms. So the issue could be because of the engine is loading up. Now make sure that your air mixture screw should be one turn out. Try getting the rpm's up to 1800 and see what happens.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so today i went on it. once it completely warms up it idles at 1800 rpms. and the track still spins fast when the rear is lifted. the sled starts moving at 2000 rpms and is slow till it hits 3200. if you give it full throttle there is a clunking under where my butt is. i think it is slack in my track. how do i tighten this? how i make it so the clutch isnt engaging or check to make sure it is ok. also is driving it like this bad?

·
Registered
8 Posts
id say make sure u have the right drive belt size. Clutch shouldnt engage untill around 3700 - 4200 depending on spring. There is an tentioner to tighten your trackk. i wouldnt ride it with a loose track. Goood luckk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts