Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[fo[}:)]Hey there all i am new here and i just bought a 1988 yamaha phazer 480 and me and my dad dont think that the decals on it are right but i was wondering if any body had pics of the rel decal please let us know

thanks arson....[}:)][black][/black][/size=3]nt=Impact][/font=Impa

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The stickers on the side of the tunnel, and on the side of the front are correct. But the hood and possibly the fairing around the head light are missing some decals. The hood wasn't all black like that. Chances are the sled was in some accident at some point, and they put a new hood on, painted it, but didn't buy the decals for it. Call a Yamaha dealer, tell them what you've got for a sled and ask them. But I'm 99.999% sure your missing decals on the hood. You can order new ones right trough a dealer though. The sides of the shock covers also had either a gold or silver plastic strip running vertically on it that said TS Suspension on them.

Nice sled, those Phazers were great. My family used to have four of them over the years. Fast, light, and bullet proof. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks But it would help alot if anybody had pics aswell

thanks arson

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Looks like all she's missing is the word Phazer on the hood.
/snofan/../images/users/500fasEnuf/phazer.jpg

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Hey welcome to the forum. Please do not double post. [:)]

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
woops my bad. I didn't notice that your other post was on a different topic.
Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the pic of the phazer has totaly difrent graphics on the side and i think that is a diffrent year so i dont think that it is supposed to go like that but thanks

[}:)]arson[}:)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok that makes more sence cause i have seen 87 ,89 but no 88 and there are like 3 diffrent types of graphics. i have seen like a silver striped one and the oranger one and another to but i would be abale to order decals of an 88 and there will be three to pick from well that sounds like a good idea because i can choose which one thanks and i hope i will be able to find the new decals

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yeah, I think the one 500fasEnuf posted was a 86. That was the first Phazer my family bought when I was a kid. You should be able to look in a book at a Yamaha dealer and pick out the graphics you want. I did this for the Phazer I had after I repainted it years ago. I remember them being expensive though.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Good ol Phazer, the Knight Rider of snowmobiles....[lol]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks alot i will surely have to look into that and hopefuly i will be able to get the decals soon

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry about that..
How do i do that i not quite sure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts