Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My phazer bogs almost all the time we cant idle it more than 5 minutes or else the sparkplugs are toast and i think it is boging way to much and i dont have a clue of what is wrong with it so if anyone has any idea or has a good idea please let me know
thanks[}:)]ARSON[}:)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh and also it will bog when you go for a long ride you have to stop and let it sit for a little while.. If you know what that might be from let me know thanks...

[}:)]arson[}:)]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hmmm, I seem to remember my parents Phazers doing something similar to this. They would run fine when you first started them and would continue running fine for about 15-20 minutes. Then it would start sputtering when ever you tried to "get on the gas". If you stopped and let it cool down for a half hr or so, it would run fine again until it really got warmed up.

Unfortunately at that point I really didn't know much about sleds, so I never tried to trouble shoot the problem. It might be vapor lock in the carbs. There's a thread around here some where, where thats discussed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The "bogging out" thing is not normal at all.

You need to have a fuel and compression system check done here.

There could be a number of things causing this problem including a "hot" cylinder leak, one that only rears its ugly head when hot. There could also be a fuel issue here.

Phazers are about as bulletproof as any slad has been over history but as with anything, they are not perfect.

Isopropyl is OK but I would add a bit of additional oil to the gas just to help the cyls lube with the alcohol in the tank. And in lieu of changing the carb settings, removal and cleaning would be advised.

Good luck!!

(o;

DNO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts