Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 Yamaha Phazer. Had a bad crank, rebuilt the motor, ran fine for a day now it won t start without ether and won t run for more than fifty foot then shuts off. Has 90lbs compression both cylinders on 2 pulls, pulled fuel lines off the carbs and pulled it over and shot fuel so its getting fuel plus the carbs were full and it has fire on both cylinders. Can anyone please help me figure out what is wrong with this machine. Could it be the reed valves? I just don t know anymore. Thanks to anyone trying to help!

· Registered
481 Posts
90 psi compression is low!! It should be up over 110!! 120 is good!
Retest and give it around 5 pulls till the needle on the compression tester stops climbing.
And as for the only going 50 feet and shutting down I have know idea in less your carbs need cleaned.
I wouldn't say it's the reeds.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know 90lbs is low but it had 90lbs after it was put back together and it did run awesome for a day then we parked it, went to start it and pulled it like fifteen times, took the breather box off, spritzed some ether in. It started on the first pull went like 2 miles, shut off, and drug it home. Got it started again took it up my field and then shut off, pulled it(one pull) started and went like I said maybe fifty feet and thats where it is now. I honestly am lost on this one but thanks. I am going to clean the carbs again to see if it helps at all. thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.