Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone i am buying a 1988 yamaha phazer. it is in amazing cond. and has good track with low milage. i am wondering it it is worth $1000 canadian. does anyone one havwe some pics or any advice / specs like speed, how they run and ****. if you do that would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
what are the miles exactly i would say 800-1000. they are awsome sleds i have had a 88 and the 89 i have now. they are pretty much bullit proof engines i have 11,000 on my 89 and i just burned a piston due to over heating cuz the fan wasn't working. but they are a 485 fan cooled and has about 55hp approx. they are nice sleds and i have had mine go 125 km on the lake with me a 6' 210lbs so it'll move anyone.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i think it has like 1000

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how fast do you think it goes in mph

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I had a '90 Phazer II. Great sled. Reliable, fuel-efficient and very comfortable to ride. I could ride that thing all day long and never be even the least bit sore or tired.
Id say it is worth $1000 Canadian.
I have to disagree about what others said about the horsepower. On the certificate of origin for my '90 Phazer II it said it was 62 hp. Youd think that would be a pretty accurate rating, considering the COF is basically the same thing as a title.
My Phazer II would do 70 mph and if it was on hardpack or glare ice it would do 75. Cruising the trails at 30-50 mph it would pull 16-18 mpg (the colder the temps were, the better the milage).
I sometimes wish I would have kept my old Phazer instead of trading it in on the sled I have now. Sure, the Phazer's suspension pretty much sucked (but then again, what do you expect for a sled that was made in 1989) but it was really comfortable to ride, good on gas and was rock-solid reliable. The only real downside to it was that the suspension didnt have grease fittings on it, so you had to take apart the suspension every year to grease it. I was smart about it though, the first summer I had my Phazer I took apart the rear suspension and had it drilled and tapped for grease fittings.
All in all though, I really liked my Phazer and would highly recommend it to anyone.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Phazers are awesome sleds, we own one an I love riding it. The only con (IMO) about a phazer is that the track is about useless, the track has something equal to brail on it for paddles...so I'd add a hundred or two extra to put a better traction tack on it. Otherwise, I'd say for $1000 good deal man.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright thanks for all the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts