Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Advice, I'll start with the problem, the engine bogs when you first grab some throttle. Carbs set by polaris tech. fuel pump rebuilt , new cables, good compression, gas tank drained and refilled. You rev it up and it runs fine. Let it bog alittle and it wants to die. It almost sounds like pre ignition like when a cars timing is off. And when you do get it running well and let off the trottle it doesnt return to idle very quick , it takes a few seconds . Any suggestions. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I had a 84 indy 400 and once it got 9000 untouched miles on it started acting funny and bogging down and stuff,so we figured with that many miles it probley just needs a rebuild so we took it apart and everything looked fine but we rebuilt it anyway and it still ran crappy so we put a new cdi box on it and it ran perfect..Im not saying thats what your sleds problem is but thats what mine was..

·
Registered
671 Posts
i had that same prob on my xlt yesterday, did u check where the belt sits on the secondary? it may sit to low and cause a bog, re shim it so the belt is above the clutch a hare and it should take care of it

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Based on the information given I think it might be a synconization problem. Clue one bog, clue two slow to rev down. This also could be due to one of the carbs caps coming loose. This will hold up the slide and cause the problem described.

·
Registered
129 Posts
had a loose cap on my 92 indy 500 did the same thing...if i remember right that 500 never did idle where i wanted it...spec was 1800 but mine was more stable at 1300

1 - 5 of 5 Posts