Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know nothing about bikes at all. I have been offered this bike, and it has a ton of new parts.
I would be trading it for my non-running t-cat 900 straight up.
It has NEW:
rear set of brakes & chain
swing arm kit
front sprocket
front & rear tire w/ new tubes
engine mounts
controls on handlebars

Tell me what you can about this bike. I don't know if i would wind up keeping it or just trading it.

The CL link
http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/bar/1950463711.html

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any help? Don't know anything about bikes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
you have a t-cat 900? does the bike run ? looks like a good deal i had a 87 kx 250 it was faster than my buddys 01 yz 250 so hell if you dont have use for the cat why not

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, ive never had a bike, the t-cat doesn't run and i have enough sleds. Nice to hear its fast, thats always good!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
hey pull the lines on the carbs on the tcat pull her over till shes pushing gas out of them. plug them back in then she'll run. for some reason that sle wont push the air out of the lines. so you have to do it for it thats how i did it.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds so easy it couldnt be true. But seriously i will do that, i remember you telling me that the carbs had been cleaned so i knew there was a trick there. Will do, thanks Cory.

EDIt-
So noone has any info about the bike? The guy is coming up this-coming sunday.

·
Registered
380 Posts
If you get it, go over it after every couple rides, those old kaw's shook apart all the time. Keep a close eye on the swingarm bolts and motor mounts. Lotsa locktite!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Its an old bike, that honestly i wouldnt pay much over 6-700 bucks for. I can find 98-2000 rm 125's and whatnot for 800 bucks, with nothing wrong. Its gonna have some good power, since its a 250 two stroker.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ya those old bikes aren't worth much at all. If you really want a bike I'd suggest just wait until you find something newer. Although if you want to get rid of this sled really bad that I would take the trade and than your left with a good starter bike that you can beat the dirt out of.

www.dirtbikefanatics.com

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dirtydan said:
If you get it, go over it after every couple rides, those old kaw's shook apart all the time. Keep a close eye on the swingarm bolts and motor mounts. Lotsa locktite!
Funny you should mention that, this bike has new both.

Dekk70 said:
Ya those old bikes aren't worth much at all. If you really want a bike I'd suggest just wait until you find something newer. Although if you want to get rid of this sled really bad that I would take the trade and than your left with a good starter bike that you can beat the dirt out of.

www.dirtbikefanatics.com
You're reading my mind.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
My '87 KX was one of the best bikes I've ever owned. Back when I was a punk kid and didn't care much about maintenence, it never let me down, never missed a beat. Damn good bikes if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
The first question that comes to mind, have you ever ridden dirtbikes? Do you have a place to ride the dirtbike? If those questions are "yes", hell yah, buy/swap for the dirtbike. You have plenty of sleds you said, dirtbikes are a hoot, I'm well past the age of being on a dirtbike, but it's still fun to go out and ride them. Ask the guy if you can test ride it first, then after you come back with a big grin on your face, you will see why!!!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never ridden a bike. But i live WAY out in the middle of the woods, so a dirtbike is very usable. I think i would enjoy it, but i wouldnt be surprised if i wound up trading this for a sled anyways lol

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well this weekend i got my first bike, road my first bike, and blew up my first bike.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
normal 2 stroke bike, there not forgiving on anything.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, its a beautiful bike, and runs awesome. It blew going 75 MPH down a road.
But i didnt mix the gas.... Was i supposed to? Seriously?

·
Registered
918 Posts
ya your supposed to mix gas with oil at 32:1

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That explains alot....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts